Summer Hill Class of 07 OC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Summer Hill Class of 07 OC Forum

Click The Home Button To Get To The Forum, But Most Of All, Have Fun Knowing You're Back In Year 6!

You are not connected. Please login or register

From Baghdad with Love

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1From Baghdad with Love Empty From Baghdad with Love Sat 15 Nov 2008, 12:32 am

Jay

Jay

It's an OK book that is based in the war of Iraq

I included the blurb:

When Marines enter an abandoned house in Fallujah, Iraq, and hear a suspicious noise, they clench their weapons, edge around the corner, and prepare to open fire.

What they find during the U.S.-led attack on the 'most dangerous city on Earth', however, is not an insurgent bent on revenge, but a tiny puppy left behind when most of the city's population fled before the bombing. Despite military law that forbids the keeping of pets, the Marines de-flea the pup with kerosene, de-worm him with chewing tobacco, and fill him up with meals ready to eat.

Thus begins the dramatic rescue attempt of a dog named lava and Lava's rescue of at least one Marine, Lieutenant Colonel Jay Kopelman, from the emotional ravages of war.

From hardened Mariners to wartime journalists to endangered Iraqi citizens, From Baghdad, With Love tells an unforgettable true story of an unlikely band of heroes who learn unexpected lessons about like, death, and war from little flea-ridden refugee.

http://triggerhappy.playogame.com/forum.htm

2From Baghdad with Love Empty Re: From Baghdad with Love Sat 15 Nov 2008, 4:21 am

Gary Xu

Gary Xu

Sounds...interesting...

3From Baghdad with Love Empty Re: From Baghdad with Love Mon 17 Nov 2008, 9:16 am

helenaiscool8D

helenaiscool8D

i think i saw that book in big W.

cat

4From Baghdad with Love Empty Re: From Baghdad with Love Sat 22 Nov 2008, 5:16 am

spitfire-rox

spitfire-rox

u only read it coz htat guys name was jay

5From Baghdad with Love Empty Re: From Baghdad with Love Thu 27 Nov 2008, 8:56 am

fittler

fittler

baghad rules/

6From Baghdad with Love Empty Re: From Baghdad with Love Thu 11 Dec 2008, 6:50 am

Jay

Jay

Melinda, no need to be a bitch

I read a lot of war books

http://triggerhappy.playogame.com/forum.htm

7From Baghdad with Love Empty Re: From Baghdad with Love Thu 11 Dec 2008, 9:54 am

spitfire-rox

spitfire-rox

sorry . i didnt mean it the bitch way

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]